Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Couple questions (emissions, tune in cold weather)

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Hellcat Charger Redeye Widebody
Hi folks,

I've got a Jon Moored tune and it's almost inspection time. Should I be concerned about passing emissions with a 93 tune? I had a tuned RT years ago but always swapped the PCM and there were no real hardware (pulley) mods done to it that would preclude me from just putting the stock tune back on for inspection.

Second question: Are there any concerns running the same 93 tune I ran in the summer in the winter? Car doesn't get driven much but if the roads are clear and it's not snowing, I'll stretch the cars legs occasionally. I assume the car will automatically compensate for the denser air and balance the fuel flow appropriately or do I need an entirely different tune for the winter months?

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
My tuner said my tune did not affect emissions (illegal) one bit. I'm sure Jon can tell you more. A good relationship with your tuner is very important..

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

OP
Bowlerguy92

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
My tuner said my tune did not affect emissions (illegal) one bit. I'm sure Jon can tell you more. A good relationship with your tuner is very important..

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
I would but he's a difficult man to get ahold of these days :) Maybe he'll reply on here. @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
If you don't have any CEL and your cat monitors aren't turned off you should have no issues passing emissions with a tune.

With these cars they can compensate for a pretty big swing in temps as well so no worries there either. If you've never gotten a log in cooler air I recommend doing that to confirm fuel trims are in check.

OP
Bowlerguy92

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
If you don't have any CEL and your cat monitors aren't turned off you should have no issues passing emissions with a tune.

With these cars they can compensate for a pretty big swing in temps as well so no worries there either. If you've never gotten a log in cooler air I recommend doing that to confirm fuel trims are in check.
Great, thanks Speedy. Sounds like I should be all set then. Maybe I'll bug Jon for a log this fall/winter. :)

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your o2s are not disabled and I dont believe you have any codes. Some states are stricter then others. Worst comes to worst a car like yours flash the stock tune back in and put the stock injectors back in. With a 3.10 pulley as long as you just drive easy and dont get into boost part throttle it is fine.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
If you buy a $30 scanner you could see if you get the green check marks for the items they check for smog. They need to be in ready mode. Even if your dash shows no lights if the items they check for smog are not in ready mode you will not pass.