Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Is my supercharger dead?

Member ID
Reactions
City
San juan
State
PR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Hello all. I have a 16 charger with bolt ons and e85. Last time i switched the pulley, i heard that the bearing was almost out since it make a slight click noise when i spun it with my hand and changed directions quickly. Today i drove around the block and noticed that the rad fan didnt go on and the AC wasnt blowing as cold as it usually does. Not the first time ive had the radiator fan problem. It kept blowing the fuses on the past and worked for about 2 days before it blew the fuses again. That problem was gone when the radiator fan was switched, but it appears it came back. So when i opened the hood, i heard this loud clicking which makes me think my supercharger is now dead

https://streamable.com/i6tqym

Let me know what this sound may be. Also a bummer that i saw the rad fan fuses blew again… I just find it weird that this problem came at the same time as the radiator one came back, which ive seen people havent gotten a solution to since it’s a rare problem.
TYIA

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Hello all. I have a 16 charger with bolt ons and e85. Last time i switched the pulley, i heard that the bearing was almost out since it make a slight click noise when i spun it with my hand and changed directions quickly. Today i drove around the block and noticed that the rad fan didnt go on and the AC wasnt blowing as cold as it usually does. Not the first time ive had the radiator fan problem. It kept blowing the fuses on the past and worked for about 2 days before it blew the fuses again. That problem was gone when the radiator fan was switched, but it appears it came back. So when i opened the hood, i heard this loud clicking which makes me think my supercharger is now dead

https://streamable.com/i6tqym

Let me know what this sound may be. Also a bummer that i saw the rad fan fuses blew again… I just find it weird that this problem came at the same time as the radiator one came back, which ive seen people havent gotten a solution to since it’s a rare problem.
TYIA
It don't sound good for sure. I would pull the belt and see what it feels like. You don't want it to lock up and crash.