Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Security options?

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Hellcat Charger Redeye Widebody
I had planned on getting an IGLA installed in my 22 redeye because 6 months ago when I looked last, there was an authorized dealer/installer in town. Unfortunately, in that time it appears that shop is no longer a dealer and the closest one to me is now over 2 hours away....I do not appear to have a Ravelco dealer anywhere near me either, which is another one I've seen brought up on here many times.

Questions:

1. Do I just suck it up and do a 4+ hour round trip for an IGLA install in MA? I did email the shop for a quote and am waiting to hear back.

2. Is the IGLA even still the top dog or should I be looking at something else entirely?

I guess we don't do car security in NH. Must be a really safe place ;)

covidcommander

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Sell it, then it will be safe

Wizza

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat
you can still benefit from traditional alarms like Viper or Compustar until other options become regionally available

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Claymore on doors/trunk/hood

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Lots of info here if you just search for it.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I drove 4hrs round trip for mine at OST Dyno.

Completely worth it.

GNBRETT

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Trackhawk, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Stang, Golf R
Take the drive....... The morning u wake up and ur car is still in ur driveway ull be grateful! Get the Drone Mobil with it. Its usually offered as a package and that will give u GPS and allow u to remote start and unlock ur car from anywhere.

Remember this and DO NOT forget it....... If ur car is stolen ull wanna try to recover it YOURSELF with GPS BEFORE u call the police and report it stolen. U may just find it undamaged and drive it home happens more often than u think!

Cause once u call the Police and enter ur car STOLEN its now a STOLEN RECOVERY on Carfax for Life! Good luck trying to sell a stolen recovered Hellcat smfh. Its worth SHIT after that fact!

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! Make the drive!

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
TRX guys have pretty much said Ravelco is shit.

IGLA is the only real option for Hellcats if you want to keep your car.
Granted, it won't stop it from being loaded on a flatbed and hauled away, but it won't allow for a key to be cloned and the car just driven away.

OP
Bowlerguy92

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
OK, thanks guys. It seems it's worth the drive for a relatively one and done solution. I'll give them a call. Also will pick up a couple claymores while I'm out. Can't have too many of those.

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

Completely worth it.
That’s an easy drive

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat

Completely worth it.
@fubar569 how was their service/install etc? OST is an 8 hr round trip for me. There is another installer thats a 2 hr round trip but its a tint shop. I kind of feel a little better with OST doing the work but unsure how much it matters or if its just because Ive seen there name out there a lot

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
@fubar569 how was their service/install etc? OST is an 8 hr round trip for me. There is another installer thats a 2 hr round trip but its a tint shop. I kind of feel a little better with OST doing the work but unsure how much it matters or if its just because Ive seen there name out there a lot
They schedule out a couple weeks or more in advance so you'll want to contact them ASAP if you have a deadline to meet.

Install typically takes an hour give or take. Mike & Micah are awesome to deal with in person. The shop is new(er) with several bays on their property.

You will need to have the car empty of most all obvious possessions and WILL. NOT. BE. ALLOWED. INTO. THE. INSTALL. BAY. This is 100% for security of the device location. Only Micah will know. No installer per IGLA is permitted to have anyone witness the installation.

You'll receive a walk through with Micah on how it operates with the keycode that he sets for you (or one you specify) using the steering wheel buttons for both remote and regular starts plus the usage of the IGLA fobs. Those automatically authenticate the system whenever within range so DO NOT KEEP WITH YOUR KEYFOB! You'll also get a printout of directions for various things such as dealer mode, keycode change, etc.

I was actually in/out in probably 45min and on my way. Zero regrets. Got to BS about their racecar and cars in general too. Always nice to do that.

Felt

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Philadelphia
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Challenger
I drove 6 hours round trip and had the IGLA and Compustar installed. What I like is the way they did it, and I asked them to do this, was to only use the OEM FOB so I'm not having to carry two or three FOBS around. Depends if you want alerts and other things I'm guessing.

OP
Bowlerguy92

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
Made the drive last Thursday to Walpole, MA to a shop called AudioMax. Mike, the owner did the installation and walkthrough and I couldn't be more pleased. It took him about 3.5 hours to install the IGLA and the Drone Mobile system (while I navigated the local food map he drew me on the back of an invoice) and he provided a very thorough walkthrough of both systems post installation and made sure I knew how to use them and was setup before I left. He was also great to deal with, very straight forward, lot of sick cynical Boston humor...it was a solid experience. Told me I can always give him a call if I need anything and I'd absolutely believe that.

The IGLA system definitely adds a bit of time to startup, but I'm never in a hurry when I'm in the hellcat and that's part of the tradeoff you make for the added security. It will be great to have the peace of mind going forward that the investment I've made in this car is protected.