Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Another one for Jon Moored

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
At this point, I'm probably not telling anyone on here anything they don't already know but Jon is such a fine tuner that I feel compelled to say something.

I came to Jon after frustration around the Dodge Direct Connect packages. The shitshow of a rollout, the higher than originally quoted cost, the lack of support I'm now seeing for those with problems...I ended up saying forget it. This meant my only option was to take a walk on the dark side and (probably) void my powertrain warranty. After setting a personal best ET of 10.5 in about 200ft DA this spring with my stock car and knowing I'd probably never see that time again but still wanting more, I contacted Jon about his performance packages. Given the overwhelmingly positive sentiment, his knowledge sharing posts around here and his own personal 8 second car, I didn't bother looking anywhere else. Another member who Jon has tuned for also vouched for him with a resounding thumbs up.

We started via PM, then moved to text. Even had a phone call. It was special, a whirlwind relationship, even. Before I knew it, I had a stage 2 performance pack from Jon ordered and on its way. I had the pulley and injectors installed locally at a shop that also exceeded my expectations and probably deserve their own shoutout for a great experience. Jon was able to accommodate the timing of the install and had the base file ready for me to load at the garage. Jon is a very iterative tuner which I appreciate and had me do a quick idle log for him before I got it on the road to make sure everything checked out. He reviewed the log in real time and gave me the thumbs up to drive it home, again logging it and with no WOT throttle allowed.

The drive home was uneventful, which is all that I could have hoped for at this point. Jon then quickly reviewed the log I had created on the way home and had another file to me the same day. I loaded this file and was instructed this time to give him a quick 5500 RPM hit for a fuel check. He also reviewed this almost in real time and had yet another file for me in short order, this time instructing me to give him a WOT pull.

"Ho-Lee-Fuk" was my only reaction. I don't really remember, I was too busy white knuckling the steering wheel as my car rung out gears like I've never heard before and shifted harder than I had ever felt before. "that's the base tune" Jon told me "It will pull harder yet." All I can remember is thinking "this guy is a maniac, there's no way it gets faster."

Well, Jon sent me another revision in short order, this time actually adding timing and I'll never forget the first WOT. Viper vibes is really the only way I can put it where the car feels like it's out to kill you. It truly was a next order of power I didn't think I'd feel with just a pulley and a tune. It's so obvious that even non gear head passengers can tell something is very very different about my car now. I had to go out and buy Nitto's for the rear because the Pirellis were giving me burnouts at highway speed, I kid you not.

In an effort to wrap up this novel and bring it home, I'll just tell you that the rest is history. Jon and I spent several more revisions working out little kinks and personal preferences related to throttle tip in, etc and it's since been perfected. Jon identified a small amount of knock on one of my logs taken on a very hot day and told me that even though it's probably "false knock" lets play it safe and pull a degree of timing and he sent me a revision quickly which I appreciated as I'm looking for a reliable tune. Without a doubt, my car now runs better than it did when it was stock, more akin to a finely tuned Rolex at wide open throttle. The character and drivability of the car has been entirely retained while adding another massive level of power at WOT that still leaves me laughing after a good pull.

Jon and I are now working on an octane booster tune for the track. I was able to set a new PB of 10.2 @131 MPH two weeks ago in 2700 ft DA, beating my previous PB of 10.5 and doing it in god awful air, cementing the fact that this is an easy 9's car in better air. That's what I told Jon I wanted and that's exactly what I got. Jon is so responsive that he was actually able to take a look at a log, identify an issue that cost me about a 10th on that run and sent me a revised tune while I was still at the track. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the car to hookup again that night so I wasn't able to get that 10.1 or 10 flat that I'm sure I could have. I know I'll get that 9 second pass before the season is out.

In summary, Jon has been excellent to work with. He is highly available, even spontaneously as with the track night I mentioned above. He is absolutely and unequivocally an expert hemi and hellcat tuner and knows how to get these things moving with both engine and trans tuning. His work has transformed my hellcat from a beast to an apex predator and I am very grateful for his service. He is a busy guy and a family man but his dedication to my tuning project as if I'm his only client has been incredibly impressive.

Cheers Jon and thank you for a job well done.
Bowler, maybe I missed this, but if you're in a Charger why doe you have a Challenger avatar pic? Just curious.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Paladin, it just hit me. You have those shields under the tracks to prevent drips and such from the rolled up garage doors? Right on man!

MXS67454

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge
My DD 18 Charger R/T with an Edelbrock 2650 SC was recently tuned by Jon thru a shop here in Tampa. short story. ..car ran great when I moved from WI to FL.. installed a smaller pulley and bigger fuel pump. found a well known Hemi shop in Pompano Beach to tune and they created nothing but problems.. with the smaller pulley they said it picked up 40 whp yet the car lost 8 mph trap speed . they tuned it again and the car slowed down more and had numerous drive ability issues. Jon fixed all of it and the car runs and shifts better than it ever has. .. once the summer heat is gone I will get to the track for the rest of the story.. I'm looking hard at a MMX 392 long block and I definitely want Jon to tune it.

Last edited:

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
After reading BG's post, am I the only one who feels like I'm missing out on an important life experience by not voiding my warranty? :(

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
After reading BG's post, am I the only one who feels like I'm missing out on an important life experience by not voiding my warranty? :(
I have a guy that’s a so called friend that’s all I hear is about his warranty. But he wants more than 10.5. That means you get p1400 and go to town

OP
Bowlerguy92

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Hellcat Charger Redeye Widebody
Thread Starter #26
Bowler, maybe I missed this, but if you're in a Charger why doe you have a Challenger avatar pic? Just curious.
That was taken at Radford Racing School. Just thought it was a cool photo since it’s such high quality and was a unique experience!

OP
Bowlerguy92

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #27
Here's my actual tuned and pulley'd ride though, for curiosity's sake @Magnified

1688993787120.jpeg
1688993817323.jpeg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I have a guy that’s a so called friend that’s all I hear is about his warranty. But he wants more than 10.5. That means you get p1400 and go to town
Friend or someone you know:unsure:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
My DD 18 Charger R/T with an Edelbrock 2650 SC was recently tuned by Jon thru a shop here in Tampa. short story. ..car ran great when I moved from WI to FL.. installed a smaller pulley and bigger fuel pump. found a well known Hemi shop in Pompano Beach to tune and they created nothing but problems.. with the smaller pulley they said it picked up 40 whp yet the car lost 8 mph trap speed . they tuned it again and the car slowed down more and had numerous drive ability issues. Jon fixed all of it and the car runs and shifts better than it ever has. .. once the summer heat is gone I will get to the track for the rest of the story.. I'm looking hard at a MMX 392 long block and I definitely want Jon to tune it.
Does the name start with an A?

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Then you will complain you are too busy:unsure:
yup he's already getting too big for his britches. I think the fame is going to his head! :ROFLMAO:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

MXS67454

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge
Does the name start with an A?
It does ! ...I'm guessing I'm not alone in my troubles with them but, at least nothing broke.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It does ! ...I'm guessing I'm not alone in my troubles with them but, at least nothing broke.
Mine was a short relationship.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You washed the wheels! :ROFLMAO: Looks great!

Is this cars and coffee at the mall?
Looks like a trailers and coffee going on over the other side.
1688993817323.jpeg

Last edited:

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Looks like a trailers and coffee going on over the other side.
Well, you know, malls are struggling these days... :)

OP
Bowlerguy92

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #37
You washed the wheels! :ROFLMAO: Looks great!

Is this cars and coffee at the mall?
I’m going to make sure they’re extra dirty next time I’m at NED, just for you!

That second photo is at NED.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I’m going to make sure they’re extra dirty next time I’m at NED, just for you!

That second photo is at NED.
NED stands for Northeast Division in the NHRA. Land of NED.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Jon is a hell of a tune and a hell of a nice guy !

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk