Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge Needs An Affordable Performance Car

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
HaHa! The old "but it's still a ...." comment.

Sure, the Fusion was not a sports car/muscle car. But when I bought it new it was on the lot for a year, and I got the largest discount I ever received on a vehicle with that car (something like $6-$7,000).

It was a high 13 sec car right off the showroom floor, and I didn't need a Winter car because it was AWD. It suited my needs perfectly at the time

It's funny when you go to the drag strip today, seeing more people on their laptops to get more hp than actually getting their fingers dirty. Lol
My son bought his first new car when he came home from school in Chicago, a brand new 2013 Furd Fusion Platinum. Nice car and he could keep up with my 2013 Regular cab Ram 5.7 Hemi off the line but he would out run me after about 90mph

MMissile

500 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat WB
It's funny, how people have let the government determine what they drive. What is it, that the people are capable of telling the government what to do? [very rhetorical/sarcastic] Everybody has been getting what they deserve....and will continue to do so.

1716213260823.png

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
HaHa! The old "but it's still a ...." comment.

Sure, the Fusion was not a sports car/muscle car. But when I bought it new it was on the lot for a year, and I got the largest discount I ever received on a vehicle with that car (something like $6-$7,000).

It was a high 13 sec car right off the showroom floor, and I didn't need a Winter car because it was AWD. It suited my needs perfectly at the time

It's funny when you go to the drag strip today, seeing more people on their laptops to get more hp than actually getting their fingers dirty. Lol
Closed all the drag strips close by 😞

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 F150 Platinum Whippled
It's funny, how people have let the government determine what they drive. What is it, that the people are capable of telling the government what to do? [very rhetorical/sarcastic] Everybody has been getting what they deserve....and will continue to do so.

View attachment 139568
I usually held them down more than I held them up... it'll jump right out of your hands once that band is on.
Young bulls and stallions were a lot more challenging... they were ready to kill you once they saw the pliers.

MMissile

500 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat WB
No bulls or stallions in society. There are a bunch of neutered sheeple, though.

RetiredFirefighter

Firefighter
Member ID
Reactions
City
Metro
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Durango 392
Closed all the drag strips close by 😞
After opening day this year, our drag strip said they just completed a surface restoration of the race track and that they would not consider selling out to realtors.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
After opening day this year, our drag strip said they just completed a surface restoration of the race track and that they would not consider selling out to realtors.
Byron Dragway's old owner listed it for sale.
Forest Preserve that sits next door offered full asking price and the owner turned it down.
Was going to make sure the buyer was going to keep it a drag strip.

Took a few years but the deal got done.

The local short track however didn't have the same type of owner. The original owner, she passed away, and the kids couldn't wait to grab their millions and sold to a developer. Track is now permanently closed waiting to become a wal mart or something.

RetiredFirefighter

Firefighter
Member ID
Reactions
City
Metro
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Durango 392
... The local short track however didn't have the same type of owner. The original owner, she passed away, and the kids couldn't wait to grab their millions and sold to a developer. Track is now permanently closed waiting to become a wal mart or something.
We're living in a different world today.

Honor ... Tradition ... Loyalty ... these are concepts that used to be societal norms ... which are now becoming societal relics ...

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
I did forget to metion Kuniskis was passionate about bringing a sub 40k car back to Dodge that people could wrench on when I talked to him about it months ago. Problem currently is the smaller Stella platforms wont really be online for another year or 2 but even then can they even make a lightweight vehicle? I wouldn't have a problem with a Hurricane in a light weight vehicle but if the Charger Daytona six pack weighs the same as Hellcat or more, where is the performance boost?

Jeep is literally making a video about their Wagoneer S EV beating a Trackhawk by .1 seconds. If they do the same with the Six pack vs a 2023 ICE V8 Scat it'll be real embarrassing.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
No bulls or stallions in society. There are a bunch of neutered sheeple, though.
Not so sure bout that...you come after my nut sack with a pair of pliers....I promise you...it's not gonna work out well for you...:mad::mad::mad:;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
We're living in a different world today.

Honor ... Tradition ... Loyalty ... these are concepts that used to be societal norms ... which are now becoming societal relics ...
My grandfather used to always tell me growing up....the two most important things you have in life...is your good name...and your word to somebody...(y)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I usually held them down more than I held them up... it'll jump right out of your hands once that band is on.
Young bulls and stallions were a lot more challenging... they were ready to kill you once they saw the pliers.
Plus...holding up a young bull...or stallion took a greater degree of strength :oops:

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
My track basically said the same thing. They closed overnight and it was gone the next day 😪

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I did forget to metion Kuniskis was passionate about bringing a sub 40k car back to Dodge that people could wrench on when I talked to him about it months ago. Problem currently is the smaller Stella platforms wont really be online for another year or 2 but even then can they even make a lightweight vehicle? I wouldn't have a problem with a Hurricane in a light weight vehicle but if the Charger Daytona six pack weighs the same as Hellcat or more, where is the performance boost?

Jeep is literally making a video about their Wagoneer S EV beating a Trackhawk by .1 seconds. If they do the same with the Six pack vs a 2023 ICE V8 Scat it'll be real embarrassing.

Another product being assembled in Mexico I believe

The automotive workforce will continue to shrink in Canada & the US

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Another product being assembled in Mexico I believe

The automotive workforce will continue to shrink in Canada & the US
Or cram it in a plant like they are going to do with Windsor making the Pacifica, Charger Daytona, and the upcoming Chrysler EV

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Was talking to a good friend at my local dealer today, he said all Hornets and Rams(Rams that were $100-105k coming back at around 90) have been re-invoiced by Stellantis by 15% and no one is buying Hornets. There were probably 20 on the lot with MSRPs of $47-50k and they were all marked down like this one to $40-42k.

to me they seem like a $30-32k vehicle.

I told him to call me when they re-invoice the Hellcats!

Attachments

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

So why not do it back in 2016 or something?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
My track basically said the same thing. They closed overnight and it was gone the next day 😪
Atco?

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
$16k and I’m sold on one

Member ID
Reactions
City
Metro
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Durango 392
Not just saying it, my track just laid down a brand new asphalt surface from the starting line all the way down entire length of the quarter mile.

My grandfather used to always tell me growing up....the two most important things you have in life...is your good name...and your word to somebody...(y)
EXACTLY.