Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stellantis USA Sales are Tanking, Inventory Piling Up

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I will say a couple things

1st If your brand has the most sales on record then a drop the next few years is to be kind of expected, it looks like a slow decline that matches the slow increase. I'm betting if you look at other manufacturers sales would follow a similar trajectory. Not talking about the Dodge brand since they gave all of us the shaft!

2nd We are making them (Wranglers) as fast as humanly possible and 1/3 are PHEVs which I think is part of the reason for the sales declining. Hard core Jeepers don't want electric cars for their off road adventures, they should have kept the 3.0L diesel instead.

3rd They are pushing to have a large supply on lots because they are concerned about an extended strike when the current contract expires in about 21 days, they want to have something to sell if there is a long strike. As noted in article all the domestic car makers with contracts expiring all at the same time are building supplies, the foreign car makers only have a few weeks of cars while the American brands have months and this is why.

I am not happy and disappointed in the company just as every other Dodge owner is and I am truly disappointed in the EV and electrification push!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Charge us more, delete our favorite models and power plants. Picture and show fictional future models that you cannot fuel (EV’s can’t be taken on the road; no charging stations exist even if you are dumb enough to try) with fake muffler sounds. Others continue to offer exciting stuff. WTF do they think is going to happen?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It's tough to buy 1 of these anymore. Hate to say it but QC is in the toilet, and the parts being used are cheaper. Damn shame.

Last edited:

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I’m glad I have a 21 I’m sure some problems will arise but some of the 23’s have me in shock. It’s the Ford Pinto or Chevrolet Vega all over.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I’m glad I have a 21 I’m sure some problems will arise but some of the 23’s have me in shock. It’s the Ford Pinto or Chevrolet Vega all over.
I just can't believe it.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thank the French!

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
Not to mention those low interest rates.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Not to mention those low interest rates.
I can remember when used car rates were 20-24% for good credit.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Charge us more, delete our favorite models and power plants. Picture and show fictional future models that you cannot fuel (EV’s can’t be taken on the road; no charging stations exist even if you are dumb enough to try) with fake muffler sounds. Others continue to offer exciting stuff. WTF do they think is going to happen?
They are foolishly building cars for the EU market in the US - a proven path to complete & utter failure (over & over again).

It's tough to buy 1 of these anymore. Hate to say it but QC is in the toilet, and the parts being used are cheaper. Damn shame.
I'm noticing more & more on my new DSRT, even stuff like the mastic they use to hold the body panels together is being skimped on vs. the way my '18 was built. Seriously questioning my sanity at this point ................

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
They are foolishly building cars for the EU market in the US - a proven path to complete & utter failure (over & over again).

I'm noticing more & more on my new DSRT, even stuff like the mastic they use to hold the body panels together is being skimped on vs. the way my '18 was built. Seriously questioning my sanity at this point ................
Sorry to hear that. Damn. Top $$ for stuff and they're cutting corners.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Sorry to hear that. Damn. Top $$ for stuff and they're cutting corners.
Yeah, I've only been this disappointed in a new car once before ('77 Formula Firebird), dumped it after 3 years and have not bought a GM product since.
If I could press 're-do' & get my '18 back I think I'd do it :( - SUCKS !!!

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yeah, I've only been this disappointed in a new car once before ('77 Formula Firebird), dumped it after 3 years and have not bought a GM product since.
One of my good friends was screaming at me not to buy the widebody I ordered. He kept saying that I had a great car and you never know what you're going to end up with another one.

I "dodged" a bullet.

Then he goes out and buys a 6.4 300 Chrysler...

I offered 3 different dealers msrp on the King Daytona charger today. You know they've been sitting. 0 accepted offers.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Everything in the portfolio is OLD!!!
Wrangler then the Gladiator came out in 2018!
Ram 1500 came out in 2018!!
Dodge Durango was refreshed a couple of times but 2011!
Dodge Challenger 2008!! Hellcat/refresh 2015!!!
Dodge Charger 2006!! Refresh in 2015!
Chrysler Pacifica 2017
Jeep Compass 2016
Jeep Renegade 2015
Grand Cherokee is at least from this decade as a 2021. But only 3.6L or hybrid 4xe. From a Jeep that people used to buy with a V8!
Wagoneer. New but seems overpriced vs Tahoe/Suburban/Escalade. I don't think they are making a dent into GM's command of the fullsize SUV market.

What am I missing?
And if the things are not old, they are stupid expensive. TRX base is now 95k!!!! Who the fuck is paying that?

And even if you want to pay these prices, the dealer will be right there to tack on more because its last call or rare or some other bullshit.

Local dealer finally traded away a GW with a sticker of 110k because it sat for over 6 months and they rarely got a call about it. The Demon 170 is a cool car but it was going to set you back close to 200k to get your hands on it. Not exactly a blue collar special anymore.

I guess you have the Hornet. Thats new.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
1692847336213.png
i'm gonna use this at the stealership

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Good friend of mine just turned his Bronco Raptor back in, recall after recall, they came and picked it up from his house finally for some steering issue and he told them so fix it and sell it for him, it wasn't going back home!

OP
P

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Thread Starter #17

They've proven that they just don't understand the USA market. And never will.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Chrysler Pacifica 2017
Jeep Compass 2016
Jeep Renegade 2015
Grand Cherokee is at least from this decade as a 2021. But only 3.6L or hybrid 4xe. From a Jeep that people used to buy with a V8!
Wagoneer. New but seems overpriced vs Tahoe/Suburban/Escalade. I don't think they are making a dent into GM's command of the fullsize SUV market.

What am I missing?
And if the things are not old, they are stupid expensive. TRX base is now 95k!!!! Who the fuck is paying that?

And even if you want to pay these prices, the dealer will be right there to tack on more because its last call or rare or some other bullshit.

Local dealer finally traded away a GW with a sticker of 110k because it sat for over 6 months and they rarely got a call about it. The Demon 170 is a cool car but it was going to set you back close to 200k to get your hands on it. Not exactly a blue collar special anymore.

Hornet isn't new. How long has alpha been trying to sell it?

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Chrysler Pacifica 2017
Jeep Compass 2016
Jeep Renegade 2015

What am I missing?

Honestly you are correct but the Wrangler is far older than that, it is still basically not much different from the 1941 model. Pretty much still the same basic design!! I want that one to stay that way!
The others? Yeah we're in big trouble with designs and models:cry:

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Chrysler Pacifica 2017
Jeep Compass 2016
Jeep Renegade 2015

What am I missing?

You’re pretty much spot on.

I love my TRX, but the base price for a 2024 is $95,000 when my Level 2 sticker price was $85,500. That would put my truck at around $110,000 for 2024 based off the increase to a base model. My truck is nice, but it’s not $110,000 nice!

The whole damn thing is a shame!