Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Active Interchiller Feedback

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
That looks like an Abortion bro..... I wasnt even aware anyone other than FI made one. Do they offer any upgrades like FI does? U can buy the bigger IC pump from FI thats universal it replaces ur stock pump.

I can run mine with the AC that still goes into the cabin but I never use ut cause I want it all going to the chiller lol so I just suffer and be hot ha.

Rippafag has one for the Durango thats plug and play. Never heard back on the Trackhawk version. That little weasel tends to make posts about shit hes offering then "Crickets"....
Did the same with his 15 inch rear conversion for the Trackhawk. When I called to inquite about it suddenly wasnt offered it to anyone and it was gonna be for the "Shop truck" only. Suk a dick Rippafag. The dude has the WORST reputation in this communty complete clown!

IC works well. It was 65 degrees out.

View attachment 139689
HMI upper right says it was 45 out?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thanks guys for chiming in. So potentially, if my I/C coolant temps can stay in the 40s, I’m probably cool enough to prevent IAT retard?

@Unholy707 can you remind me you, you have the IC chiller with HX and by pass valve in place?

@16GoManGoHC2 I recall an old thread where you were thinking about this brand chiller. did you ever end up buying/installing?
Intercooler temps in the 40’s is better than 100+!! YES, it will help allot!!

I ran a killer chiller for a few years, it did pretty good. It started acting up about a year ago. The TXV valve went bad on it. I replaced it with an FI stage two set up just recently just finished that about two weeks ago. Retained the stock intercoolers for cold weather no AC use, 3 way valve either goes through chiller or through stock coolers. IMG_3882.jpeg IMG_3821.jpeg IMG_3789.jpeg IMG_3792.jpeg IMG_3791.jpeg IMG_3784.jpeg

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Yes, IC chiller. Small HX removed, kept big HX plummed in with 3 way bypass valve. I bypass the big HX with the 3 way valve when I have the AC on or AC and drag valve. Sending the fluid through the HX will just reheat your chiller coolant
Thanks guys for chiming in. So potentially, if my I/C coolant temps can stay in the 40s, I’m probably cool enough to prevent IAT retard?

@Unholy707 can you remind me you, you have the IC chiller with HX and by pass valve in place?

@16GoManGoHC2 I recall an old thread where you were thinking about this brand chiller. did you ever end up buying/installing?

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I didn’t realize you moved yours to the front of the bumper
Intercooler temps in the 40’s is better than 100+!! YES, it will help allot!!

I ran a killer chiller for a few years, it did pretty good. It started acting up about a year ago. The TXV valve went bad on it. I replaced it with an FI stage two set up just recently just finished that about two weeks ago. Retained the stock intercoolers for cold weather no AC use, 3 way valve either goes through chiller or through stock coolers. View attachment 141907 View attachment 141908 View attachment 141909 View attachment 141910 View attachment 141911 View attachment 141912

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
That IAT below ambient by that much is really nice. I need to get that Whipple air intake. My coolant temps get that low with the drag valve on

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I didn’t realize you moved yours to the front of the bumper
The FI HX was too big to go under the headlight where the KC unit was, had no choice. The FI unit is twice the size of the KC unit. The 140 oz hopper tank is still under the passenger side headlight. I can have those made too if anyone is interested but their pretty expensive anymore, labor and materials have gone up 25-30% in the last 4 years, wonder why 🤔

That IAT below ambient by that much is really nice. I need to get that Whipple air intake. My coolant temps get that low with the drag valve on
The Pyrol shield under the intake tube and TB helps keep IAT down allot, an amazing amount. This thing. I have snout 10 of them left if anyone wants one of the last ones I’ll ever have let me know.
IMG_9535.jpeg IMG_9534.jpeg IMG_9536.jpeg

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Are you still using the air box with the intake, or did you have to remove it for the FI refrigerant lines?

GNBRETT

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Trackhawk, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Stang, Golf R
Just keep in mind if ur using a 3.8 drag pack with the bigger intercooler it will not get as cold as one with out or with the 3.0 in it. It just takes more fluid to cool. I can still get it to 30 below ambient but my buddy is able to get his to like 36-38 below with the 3.0.

OP
OGTRIPLEOG
Member ID
Reactions
City
n/a
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
21' Trackhawk
Thread Starter #29
@16GoManGoHC2 thanks for offer on heat shield. My intake air pipe is almost straight down now off the TB so I’m not sure if it’ll fit naturally?
But that’s a good thought, maybe I need to consider heat wrapping my air intake pipe.

• Did you guys refill with 134a or 1234yf, and do think that would make a difference? shop did 1234 on mine. My cabin air remains very cold when drag valve is off.

• Lets assume for a second all the kits (sans ice box or additional tank) are more less as capable as the other within a few degrees.. could my set up be contributing to warmer IATs/engine bay and contribute to why my temps aren’t reaching what you guys are — cat less midpipes, low mount turbos, compound boost (stock SC and pulleys).

These were the best I got last night.
Ambient 70F

One is during highway cruise, other right after stopping from the highway off ramp. Speeds are displayed below RPM-7. Top left is the IAT. I was cruising highway at that speed for 20 minutes before I finally made it down to 33 I/C coolant. Drag valve on entire time.

city cruising even with drag valve IAT 40 over ambient and I/C coolant best is down to 40F range. Without drag valve, add about 5F to IATs and 15F to I/C coolant.

IMG_5313.jpeg

IMG_5314.jpeg

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Are you still using the air box with the intake, or did you have to remove it for the FI refrigerant lines?
No, Whipple air box and intake tube from head light still fit. Can’t really even tell there’s a chiller hiding under there. See filter and air box in there?
IMG_3798.jpeg

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
@16GoManGoHC2 thanks for offer on heat shield. My intake air pipe is almost straight down now off the TB so I’m not sure if it’ll fit naturally?
But that’s a good thought, maybe I need to consider heat wrapping my air intake pipe.

• Did you guys refill with 134a or 1234yf, and do think that would make a difference? shop did 1234 on mine. My cabin air remains very cold when drag valve is off.

• Lets assume for a second all the kits (sans ice box or additional tank) are more less as capable as the other within a few degrees.. could my set up be contributing to warmer IATs/engine bay and contribute to why my temps aren’t reaching what you guys are — cat less midpipes, low mount turbos, compound boost (stock SC and pulleys).

These were the best I got last night.
Ambient 70F

One is during highway cruise, other right after stopping from the highway off ramp. Speeds are displayed below RPM-7. Top left is the IAT. I was cruising highway at that speed for 20 minutes before I finally made it down to 33 I/C coolant. Drag valve on entire time.

city cruising even with drag valve IAT 40 over ambient and I/C coolant best is down to 40F range. Without drag valve, add about 5F to IATs and 15F to I/C coolant.

View attachment 141928

View attachment 141929
Those temps are plenty cold enough.

Mine gets to under 32F within 2 miles of driving. Recovers from a 1-2-3-4 0-150 pull in about 2 miles as well to under 32.

OP
OGTRIPLEOG
Member ID
Reactions
City
n/a
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
21' Trackhawk
Thread Starter #32
Hmm.
Are any of your interchiller lines heat wrapped? Same question for @Unholy707

I’m just trying to figure out why my system doesn’t get as cold.. I’m glad to hear you think I should be in a pretty good spot overall. It was a very expensive modification all things considered, at this point I just want to optimize to its max potential.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hmm.
Are any of your interchiller lines heat wrapped? Same question for @Unholy707

I’m just trying to figure out why my system doesn’t get as cold.. I’m glad to hear you think I should be in a pretty good spot overall. It was a very expensive modification all things considered, at this point I just want to optimize to its max potential.
Every single one of them. And for every one I have wrapped, @16GoManGoHC2 has them triple wrapped lol

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Use vibrant extreme wrap for the ones with tight clearance. You want to insulate your suction line, not your high pressure liquid line for the AC