Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Anyone try using Line Lock to launch?

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
When I foot break my launch, I get good results starting at 1300rpm. If I try to launch at 1500, the car sputters, just like in Launch Control, and is slower.

I need a more aggressive launch, I am getting no spin starting at 1300 and stomping on it. I need a way to launch more aggressively.

When I do my burnout I noticed the rears would not break loose until I was significantly on the throttle. I think I might be able to hold 1500, maybe 2000 with line lock then launch by releasing the button and stomping.

Has anyone tried this?

(Don't talk to me about lunch control.)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Never tried the line lock on launch. My dad and others with GNs would set the emergency brake to try to build boost.
I have tried about every launch and have found just a little rpm and go is best for me. It may flash the convertor better then loading it up. Plus I don't have to worry about pushing through the beams

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #3
Nice thing about Track Rental is if you fk up you can back up and try again. You get what you pay for. :)

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Too unreliable it doesn’t instantly release. Is this factory line lock or z automtive? Z automotive will turn traction control back on every time right after