Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Brand new redeye still landing at dealer

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
They are still trying to sell this one. Was thinking about offering $77k? Would I regret it? All of the leftover regular Hellcats are $10-$11k off, they have a lot of them left!
The answer is always NO if you dont ask.

DGatzby

7000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
They are still trying to sell this one. Was thinking about offering $77k? Would I regret it? All of the leftover regular Hellcats are $10-$11k off, they have a lot of them left!
Go with a round number $75k. He has a lot of money sitting in that inventory. Are you keeping your current RE? If not, can you sell yours for about that?😎

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Tell them that you'll pay the $200 for Nitrogen in the tires if they go for $77K. Why? Dealers love selling those fantastic extras and might just concentrate on that instead of the vehicle price.

Come to think of it, that's a lot like the buyers concentrating on the monthly payment instead of the price.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
Tell them that you'll pay the $200 for Nitrogen in the tires if they go for $77K. Why? Dealers love selling those fantastic extras and might just concentrate on that instead of the vehicle price.

Come to think of it, that's a lot like the buyers concentrating on the monthly payment instead of the price.
I'd offer the $77K including an extra $84 for the 21% Oxygen in each existing tire's fill (There's no spare so that's $21x4 = $84) :p

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

:unsure:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Now what are you unsure about ???...gettin the itch again...???

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Now what are you unsure about ???...gettin the itch again...???
Well...are ya gonna swing @ any of these pitches..or just strike out...this must be @ least yer 3rd time @ bat...and don't look now but it's the 9th inning :oops:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Well...are ya gonna swing @ any of these pitches..or just strike out...this must be @ least yer 3rd time @ bat...and don't look now but it's the 9th inning :oops:

It's painful, but I can't help myself, it's not a WB or I'd be much more interested.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Your in an agreeable mood...don't tell me I'm makin sense..o_O

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It's painful, but I can't help myself, it's not a WB or I'd be much more interested.
Hell I would never give up my STD body M6...unless of course I could score a WB M6...WB is the only way to go

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Hell I would never give up my STD body M6...unless of course I could score a WB M6...WB is the only way to go

I'm keeping my current car, this would be in addition if I did it.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Have you checked if the '80s dually fenders are still available at dealers? 1722091503411.png

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
OP
EricG

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #74
So I did officially inquire, they hit me at 81.4, I said I was going for 77 and they came back at 80 even. Said that was lowest they could go. Has me thinking, I also don’t know if I could give up my current car, don’t think I could afford both…I have so many other things on my plate.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
…I have so many other things on my plate.
Finish your meal and go buy the damn car, Eric.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
So I did officially inquire, they hit me at 81.4, I said I was going for 77 and they came back at 80 even. Said that was lowest they could go. Has me thinking, I also don’t know if I could give up my current car, don’t think I could afford both…I have so many other things on my plate.
You have this exact same car already, how come you want to pay for another one?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Finish your meal and go buy the damn car, Eric.
That's what happens when you dine @ Homestyle Buffet :oops:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I spoke with them, the options list on the car isn't quite right, but more than that, it has 510 miles on it. I'm not sure about NM, but usually after 250 miles it's considered a used car. And technical designations aside, 510 miles of "test drives" feels like a bit too much for me.

God knows who was doing what to a cold engine, prior to break-in miles, farting in the seats, drooling on the interior, etc etc etc.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well, 500 of those miles are most likely because of the incentive program to add those miles to qualify for a lower price. Usually added by a sales manager. So most likely they got it with 10 miles on it.

Either way, a vehicle is not considered used until it has been registered.

OP
EricG

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #80
Well, 500 of those miles are most likely because of the incentive program to add those miles to qualify for a lower price. Usually added by a sales manager. So most likely they got it with 10 miles on it.

Either way, a vehicle is not considered used until it has been registered.
You are right @Jimmy N. -or at least that’s what they told me. He said they got $4k credit for it! Gus and I looked it over tonight again, this time more closely. It’s really dirty. Underside is pretty nice though, cleaner and fresher than my current redeye was when I bought it new with 53 miles. Option list is a little sparse yes, and front splitter has a few scrapes along the bottom front. I asked about replacing it.

@Speedy! I have asked myself that question , and my 10 year old son asked me the same thing when we went in and looked at it tonight. I’m leaning more against it, still to be able to start fresh on a rare car too, it’s tempting and I like e these redeyes! my ‘19 has 42k miles in it and I’m definitely coming up up on some more expensive service intervals, plus it has some chips and dings here and there like any daily driver gets. It is and has been a good car though overall, strong runner and the indigo looks super sharp in person. I owe $19k on it yet, we have no other car payments though and I would push to pay it off earlier but the loan only has/had like 2.6% interest so it’s basically all principle left so not much incentive there…my daughter who is going into her senior year in high school is like a Porsche payment lol. I told my son Gus we could mod this car after it was paid off, Maybe that should be the focus? I know he’s thinking about it because he brings up from time to time…this is making me tear up! lol

@BULL I think if the car could be had for $76-77 there isn’t much downside. Let them change the oil, put on a new front splitter and then tell them you want the detailing guy to make it new and I don’t think there’s much to worry about. The color smoke show doesn't stand out in a crowd, but on its own all cleaned up with big rear wheels/tires I think it could have some serious presence.

Last edited: