Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hurricane 6 cyl

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 F150 Platinum Whippled
I'll pass the word on to him. From where I'm sitting it looks like we're going through another one of those times where none of the new offerings are great. SSDD.. same shit different decade.
Love my Ford. Probably my 10th one, and certainly the fastest and most luxurious. A Coyote certainly doesn’t sound like a pissed off Hemi, but it’s better than the Hurricane! The power (and power potential) is there to go as far as you want. This one is a Platinum with all the fixings - coilovers, Whipple, long tubes, 24s, and 20+ mpg when driven on Sundays. It’ll even drive itself, if you’re into that sort of thing. Was going to buy a TRX but wanted something that I wasn’t going to be jumping offroad (and breaking) and constant 4WD… I like my burnouts. I feel like a kid again when I chirp 2nd across intersections at 1/2 throttle, haha.
My neighbor just bought a new Powerboost… tons of power, great MPG, but that v6 sound. I enjoyed my tuned up Eco, but it never sounded great. The MBRP exhaust did improve it substantially though.

Attachments

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Love my Ford. Probably my 10th one, and certainly the fastest and most luxurious. A Coyote certainly doesn’t sound like a pissed off Hemi, but it’s better than the Hurricane! The power (and power potential) is there to go as far as you want. This one is a Platinum with all the fixings - coilovers, Whipple, long tubes, 24s, and 20+ mpg when driven on Sundays. It’ll even drive itself, if you’re into that sort of thing. Was going to buy a TRX but wanted something that I wasn’t going to be jumping offroad (and breaking) and constant 4WD… I like my burnouts. I feel like a kid again when I chirp 2nd across intersections at 1/2 throttle, haha.
My neighbor just bought a new Powerboost… tons of power, great MPG, but that v6 sound. I enjoyed my tuned up Eco, but it never sounded great. The MBRP exhaust did improve it substantially though.
This is the combination that I have been looking at.

Do you keep the warranty if a Ford dealer installs the Whipple or how does that work? I know Ford sells the package under their Performance Parts banner.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 F150 Platinum Whippled
This is the combination that I have been looking at.

Do you keep the warranty if a Ford dealer installs the Whipple or how does that work? I know Ford sells the package under their Performance Parts banner.
That is an option, yes. You can also buy them already blown as an FP700.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
If the aftermarket can tune that, I think a tuned RHO will go door to door with a TRX down the street.

TRX still has the hellcat and the hp90 trans but it also cost over 100k to be into a new for 23 and 24 model year vs 70k for base price RHO.
But the TRX will still have a factory warranty.

A couple other thoughts come to mind:
-The TRX prices are inflated (especially since the Raptor R came out). The base price on the TRX in 2021 was around $70,000. Other than a a full digital driver display and LED lights in the tailgate handle, nothing has really changed since 2021. I believe the TRX was inflated by 2024 to make the RHO more appealing.

-Nobody is buying a base RHO.

-The RHO would have been a good addition to the Ram lineup next to the TRX, but it sure isn’t a great replacement.

-Heres a RHO equipped as close to my TRX as I could manage. The truck stickers for almost $1,000 more than my 702hp TRX (I paid considerably less with ax extended warrant).
https://www.ramtrucks.com/bmo.html#...XS,WS4,YL,UBW,A6H,ANT,AAN,AHC,GP1,MH7,MMU,22Y

IMG_0243.jpeg

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I paid 77k for my level 1 in February of 21 for my TRX.
The prices are stupid inflated.
Its also why I am not really interested in anything Stellantis at the moment.
Dealer called and asked if I was interested in a 392 Rubi. It was only 100k. 100k for a Wrangler is absurd. Does anyone think Tavares is doing anything to help the company or is he just terrible at his job??

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

SilverBillet

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Hands free active driving experience! Just what I need in a 540HP truck. Is a 1520 lb payload and 8380 lb towing capacity very good…and how does the factory determine those numbers to the nearest 10 lbs?
I think it has about the same towing/payload as TRX (maybe more) which is way less than my current 2500. If I don't replace it with another 2500 the RHO has my attention. Won't be any time soon though.