Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

ONE MORE TIME

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Don't wanna sound like I'm beatin a dead horse...or maybe I am just gettin old...but I've added a new exhaust group that drives me nuts..lately I'm ending up behind diesel pick ups with sewer pipe sized exhaust that sound worse than any tuner car...or modified mustang..its bad enough @ idle they sound like a 12cyl engine with no oil..(clackin and rattlin like crazy)..when they take off..it's ungodly..now I get the whole big truck thing..and if that's yer thing have at it...but man...I'd rather behind a raspy tinny mustang drivin cross country...than be behind one of those sewer piped pick ups...

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Don't wanna sound like I'm beatin a dead horse...or maybe I am just gettin old...but I've added a new exhaust group that drives me nuts..lately I'm ending up behind diesel pick ups with sewer pipe sized exhaust that sound worse than any tuner car...or modified mustang..its bad enough @ idle they sound like a 12cyl engine with no oil..(clackin and rattlin like crazy)..when they take off..it's ungodly..now I get the whole big truck thing..and if that's yer thing have at it...but man...I'd rather behind a raspy tinny mustang drivin cross country...than be behind one of those sewer piped pick ups...
And try racing those modified trucks at the 1/4 that's where they like to blow black smoke all the way down the track! Oh as they tear it up too!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Yep you are officially part of the "get off my lawn" group:LOL:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 F150 Platinum Whippled
I agree with the sewer pipe ridiculousness, but that’s usually not the end of it. Their wheels are 4” proud of the fenders, more chrome than rubber, usually front end a foot higher than the rear, and some stupid sticker on the back window that doesn’t make any sense. And vape coming out of all of the windows. Haha

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Living in a 'redneck' area I see all too much of that here. Clearly, most of these trucks never actually tow anything and you need a step ladder to get in & out. The worst tho is when they do the 'rolling coal' thing & spit diesel fuel all over the other vehicles around them. Those guys need to put in public stocks & allowed to die slowly in the heat!

Bowtie Guy

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Easy dad !!!

You want a Canadian hug ?

Bowtie Guy

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
The neighbor at work has a modified lifted truck
Not a diesel
But
Extremely loud
He rarely leaves casually
&
He leaves 10 times a day
The girl in the office constantly says he has small man syndrome

Bowtie Guy

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I got my ass handed to me by 1 last year at a stop light

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Somewhat related, the only time someone has tried to race me was when passing two diesel pickups on a grade.

Guess one of the drivers didn't like being passed. And would you believe that the 'Cat didn't even have to breathe hard to leave that pickup behind? Far behind.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #10
Yep you are officially part of the "get off my lawn" group:LOL:
Funny I had that very conversation with my wife this morning as we were driving to the huge Allentown art festival downtown..(yes believe it or not I'm somewhat cultured and like art festivals)..she said lately you've been bitchin bout EVERYTHING..this jerk drives too fast..that jerk doesn't signal..the other idiot sits @ a green light cause he's glued to his phone..that dumb broad doesn't know how to merge...she asked was your father like that...:unsure:..come to think of it...NO..I never remember him bitchin about anything..ever...Crown me KING of the get off my lawn brigade of the Forum...:(:(;)

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #11
Somewhat related, the only time someone has tried to race me was when passing two diesel pickups on a grade.

Guess one of the drivers didn't like being passed. And would you believe that the 'Cat didn't even have to breathe hard to leave that pickup behind? Far behind.
Chalk one up for the good guys..(y);)

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #12
Easy dad !!!

:eek:...am I gonna end up with a maple leaf tattooed on my ass:oops::unsure:

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #14
The neighbor at work has a modified lifted truck
Not a diesel
But
Extremely loud
He rarely leaves casually
&
He leaves 10 times a day
The girl in the office constantly says he has small man syndrome
Got nothin against trucks..(would never wanna be without one)...but my truck is quiet...and I like it that way...;)

RetiredFirefighter

Firefighter
Member ID
Reactions
City
Metro
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Durango 392
Easy dad !!!

Chill junior !!!

You want a 'Murican noogie ?

RetiredFirefighter

Firefighter
Member ID
Reactions
City
Metro
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Durango 392
Got nothin against trucks..(would never wanna be without one)...but my truck is quiet...and I like it that way...;)
I've got great sound ... and a cranking hemi ... IN my truck. The DSRT 392.(y)