Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Protocol For Condemning a SC

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Mine has started making those bad bearings noises. The dealer is honest and trying to help, but I’m being told, in so many words… We hear what you’re hearing but our engine tech says it’s functioning properly. I was advised to bring it back if it gets worse and that the complaint has been documented.

My extended warranty expires in March and the Cat gets put into hibernation in November.
I did find the image of the first page of a Star case that @Diboblo posted a while back and sent that to the service manager. I’m just wondering if anyone can provide more complete info or the following pages of that Star Case or a TSB.

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Rip on it more and bring it in complaining again. They tend to deny and save everything is fine the first time with everything

OP
jroyk

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
Rip on it more and bring it in complaining again. They tend to deny and save everything is fine the first time with everything
Service lane manager is a great guy and tries to warrant anything he can. This dealership just hasn't had a lot of experience with this. Trying to point him in the right direction corporate wise.

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
Call corporate also

Diboblo

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
You need to get a district manager and one of his techs out there, pronto.

Listen as my car shuts down. That's when you can really hear it. At the time, if you put your head above it, you could hear the squeeeling.

PM me and I will give you the number and name of my service advisor. He jumped through hoops, to replace mine and it was the first one they ever did. Maybe your guy can get some tips, from my guy.

Anyway... see if your sound is like mine and go from there. You can request a district manager, any time, through the service advisor. Let them know this is serious shit and don't take no, for an answer. If they won't play ball, go somewhere else.

Be advised that your state might have an oe parts law. If it does, you are entied to get your old SC, or any parts back, but you need to request them and make sure it is on the write up, when they take posession of your car, not after. Look into it. Then, you can have a spare to send to Jokerz.

Hope this helps, brother.

Hemi Rocket Barge

Last edited:

Diboblo

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Just in case...

Customer Care:

Chrysler 1-800-CHRYSLER (1-800-247-9753) or Send Chrysler a message

Dodge 1-800-4A-DODGE (1-800-423-6343) or Send Dodge a message

Jeep 1-877- IAM-JEEP (1-877-426-5337) or Send Jeep a message

Ram 1-866-RAM-INFO (1-866-726-4636) or Send Ram a message

Mopar 1-888-528-HEMI (1-888-528-4364) or Send Mopar a message

SRT 1-855-SRT-TEAM (1-855-778-8326) or Send SRT a message

Hemi Rocket Barge

OP
jroyk

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
Thanks Bob. PM sent.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Mine has started making those bad bearings noises. The dealer is honest and trying to help, but I’m being told, in so many words… We hear what you’re hearing but our engine tech says it’s functioning properly. I was advised to bring it back if it gets worse and that the complaint has been documented.

My extended warranty expires in March and the Cat gets put into hibernation in November.
I did find the image of the first page of a Star case that @Diboblo posted a while back and sent that to the service manager. I’m just wondering if anyone can provide more complete info or the following pages of that Star Case or a TSB.
Just curious...how many miles ??