Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Putting the Redeye up for sale

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
While its a great car, I really prefer the Charger, so I think I'm going to let someone else have this low mileage beauty and find a Charger Redeye or a Tesla (the blazing speed on the low end is just stupid fast - I don't understand why Dodge did not have a quality launch control that allowed you to get the fastest launch possible based on the rubber on the vehicle and the road surface - all of the sensors and electronics were already there; we weren't going to get AWD but we could have at least gotten this with very little additional work). Going to post it a few places, put the word out, and see what people say. Maybe send it to auction through Hagerty.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
While its a great car, I really prefer the Charger, so I think I'm going to let someone else have this low mileage beauty and find a Charger Redeye or a Tesla (the blazing speed on the low end is just stupid fast - I don't understand why Dodge did not have a quality launch control that allowed you to get the fastest launch possible based on the rubber on the vehicle and the road surface - all of the sensors and electronics were already there; we weren't going to get AWD but we could have at least gotten this with very little additional work). Going to post it a few places, put the word out, and see what people say. Maybe send it to auction through Hagerty.
i never thought about it when i got my hellcat challenger but rear drive only with even the stock 700 hp was nuts on the street, i decided i preferred the ride of my 392 charger super bee to the challenger and wanted another charger but the newer ones were so over priced at the time. found my m5 for a good bit less than a redeye charger and never looked back. i put on a piggyback tune and i have a 700 hp sedan with awd that rockets away from a stop light. good luck with your next purchase.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 F150 Platinum Whippled
Charger is where it’s at. I agree.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Charger is where it’s at. I agree.
Charger gets the nod for all things practical...Challenger has the sportier looks

GNBRETT

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Trackhawk, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Stang, Golf R
TBH if my Challenger I recently sold was a Charger id still own it. The practicality of the 4 door was #1 but the WBRE just looks so dope! Its so fat front and rear it just looks better imo so I can relate.

But u do lose some of that MUSCLE car look or image a little. The Challenger with big fast rim and tire in rear is pretty hard to beat. I was right on the fence with the Tesla Plaid myself I almost bought one over my RS3.

I'll tell u why I decided against the Plaid. It might sound silly but my buddy asked me so what happens when u pull up to a 3 lane light thinking ur king of the hill from a dig or roll for that matter and then 2 other Tesla Plaids pull up next to u..... Which one of u is gonna be the fastest? He then goes on to say "See how gay an electric car is" and I said yea..... FU now I dont want one lol and that literally ruined it for me right there that bastard smh.

Im a car guy I need to HEAR my shit. I want to modify my shit. My RS3 sounds so freaking dope at all times but so did my Challenger with the Corsa Extreme I need Chop on my muscle and lambo like on my DD ha. The novelty of being so fast will wear off with no sound. The fit and finish on those is garbage it really is. Brakes suck to unless u go CC.

I take pride in my cars and the paint is terrible as well so that would drive me nutz. Panels dont line up at times and getting into a local Tesla dealer for repairs can take months depending where u live. It has its purpose tho with free gas and now true auto-pilot hands free. Wasnt for me.... Not yet at least.

Last edited:

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
I'm a car guy as well which is why I added a Model 3 performance to my little fleet as a daily. Its a total blast to drive. The US manufactured cars are less than 3 to sixty and in the 10s. Its comfortable, has no apparent quality issues and the sound system is excellent. Charge at home and work so never have to visit a station. I enjoy the hate from liberals (who hate Elon) and the conservatives who think electrics are a environmental statement. Seriously, this little thing is ridiculously fast on the street. All wheel drive and the US version is likely putting down near 600 HP. The torque is everywhere and instant. I don't think you can be a car guys and not love it. I also love my Hellcat and my little manual transmission Mazda and my classic truck with a carb and points ignition. I get the sound feedback thing but...it isn't an issue for me as I'm too busy trying not to die getting hurtled down to street so violently. The Hellcats visceral feedback is superb and I have much more time to enjoy it as the rear spends so much time searching for traction on the street. Anyway, the clear answer is get both. Or better yet the S Plaid and a Hellcat.

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Local Plaid guy regularly does low 9's at the dragway and did 203.5 in the 1-mile last July!!! Yes, no question that it is fast. but the "cool" factor is maybe 2 out of 10. I love driving the MT Wrangler topless around town with the dog in the back, waaay easier to drive than the HC. Very high cool factor and fun factor. But it absolutely is not a substitute for a HC.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
I don't think you can be a car guys and not love it.
Sure you can.

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I have looked at the pricing of the Plaid and for the performance you get is is very reasonable. I considered ordering one a couple of times, but just cannot imagine it would be fun to drive at any other place than the track or airstrip. I'll be keeping the HC for a long time.

Plaid may be a good commuter car, but I don't commute.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
To me, an EV is like a car with the filler neck shrunk down to 1/8".

Sure, you can put more gas in it, but it'll take several hours. No thanks.

GNBRETT

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Trackhawk, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Stang, Golf R
Hard to beat waking up every morning with a full tank of gas lol. I just cant see that ever getting old. I think if one buys a Plaid (Absolutely NO other Tesla interests me at ALL) and u drove it to save on gas with the underlying knowledge thats its FAST to then the Plaid has its place.

Its not designed to replace ur muscle car. Its designed to give u FREE GAS with some performace to go with it. I know its not free but its surely cheaper than $5.00 a gallon with 93 octane every fucking summer when they RAPE ppl on gas prices!

The only Telsa that worth buying is the Plaid. The rest are ugly AF. Even the Plaid is boring AF but it has some style unlike the rest of line up. They look like abortions and every tom, dick and harry has a Model 3 so no thanx. That just takes boring to whole new level!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
A Plaid is only one mph faster than my 'Cat, and the odds I'll ever reach those speeds are slim to none anyway..

Although, lately I've been tempted to lease a VW id.4, after being told that I shouldn't have an opinion about EVs since I don't own one. Obviously that was on a different forum.

Disregarding the detail that I still wouldn't be owning the car, when getting a promotional email from a dealer with an offer of $59/mo. for a 3-year lease it got my attention. Turns out that is only valid for Colorado residents.

Got another email, now with a $30/mo. offer, for two years. So why would I lease one, really? For one, I could prove to myself that an EV is just as useless around here as I already know it would be. That could be fun in a way.

Also, the id.4 apparently has a rather short range, which would be a plus for me - I wouldn't be all that far from home when it runs out of battery. Call the girlfriend to come get me (hopefully there's cell service), then go get the little EV with a trailer. Repeat until it's not fun anymore.

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
That was fast

SilverBillet

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
This is a case of “Eyes bigger than the stomach”

covidcommander

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Dodge really dropped the ball on this. Could have been better at launching with all that power and technology available.