Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

R888R on Challenger Red Eye Standard Body with 3.09s

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
As mentioned elsewhere, put 20x11s in the rear with 305/35/20 R888Rs. Mostly uneventful install, drove it around. As I mentioned before, car is just worthless with 275 All Weather PS4s and 3.09s. I haven't used more than 15% throttle at any time. Also, the high temp asphalt used out here does not grip them; I had the rear end swing out on me routinely in plain driving, especially down town on 90 degree turns. With these R888Rs, it is a world of difference. Much more like the old HC Charger drove. I was working so I didn't play around with them but I did kick it in the slats a few times and it hooked. Admittedly, it was not at WOT or from a dig, but it was still such a vast difference that it made me smile and also decide maybe I could live with the car if I have to. It also attracted the attention of a Ford Raptor but I did not have the opportunity to show him what it would really do.

I personally feel that the 3.09s with 275 All Seasons on this narrow body car should have been disallowed. Without this set up the car is basically too handicapped to use. Now I think it'll stand a chance. When I get a chance I'll post up some of the photos.

SilverBillet

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
As mentioned elsewhere, put 20x11s in the rear with 305/35/20 R888Rs. Mostly uneventful install, drove it around. As I mentioned before, car is just worthless with 275 All Weather PS4s and 3.09s. I haven't used more than 15% throttle at any time. Also, the high temp asphalt used out here does not grip them; I had the rear end swing out on me routinely in plain driving, especially down town on 90 degree turns. With these R888Rs, it is a world of difference. Much more like the old HC Charger drove. I was working so I didn't play around with them but I did kick it in the slats a few times and it hooked. Admittedly, it was not at WOT or from a dig, but it was still such a vast difference that it made me smile and also decide maybe I could live with the car if I have to. It also attracted the attention of a Ford Raptor but I did not have the opportunity to show him what it would really do.

I personally feel that the 3.09s with 275 All Seasons on this narrow body car should have been disallowed. Without this set up the car is basically too handicapped to use. Now I think it'll stand a chance. When I get a chance I'll post up some of the photos.
All-season tires are a safety hazard on a 700+ HP vehicle. These cars should only come with Summer performance tires!