Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Start-difficulty when the engine is hot...

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
My 22' SS is the same. 2,200 miles and when you restart after some spirited drive, it's a slow crank but always start. I was also told know issue and it it starts, move on. Never had it not.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
My wife's 18 DSRT did this so maybe not exclusively sc cars. Occasionally slow start after warm. We also thought it was the battery at first.

My 2015 hc has never done it, before or after 2x pumps install and 18+ fuel rails/pres sens.

Last edited:

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Bueller?

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
can't say it's the same issue, but the early '09 Challenger SRT8's had the wrong negative battery cable installed [they had the SXT/RT cable]. believe it was blamed on trim-level confusion, caused a similar warm/hot start issue. Solution was replacing the neg bat cable, and swapping the battery for a higher amp model

edit: I eventually tossed the OEM cable [damn things kept falling apart], and replaced it with an old-fashioned fat hunk of wound copper. much heavier, but never failed again

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Sorry to hear you're having these issues. I have a 23 charger redeye with the same issues. It's got nothing to do with the battery. Stellantis have been working on my car for the past 6 months now with no resolution. Happens only on hot starts. This is common apparently and they still haven't found a fix for it.
Not surprised...the "all new"..engineering group has trouble finding their ass...with a road map I hear...

OP
I
Member ID
Reactions
City
Malmö
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
Vehicle
Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye 2019
Thread Starter #26
Hi folks!

Thanks for the replies! I have recently put in new fuel with higher octane, and I will also change the battery to a new one. Hopefully this will solve this problem. I will update you guys with the result.

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Hi folks!

Thanks for the replies! I have recently put in new fuel with higher octane, and I will also change the battery to a new one. Hopefully this will solve this problem. I will update you guys with the result.
Glad to hear you are still with us! I was getting worried! :ROFLMAO:

Did you drain/run out the old fuel before refilling?