Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

VIDEO: 200+ MPH 1064 hp 2025 Vette ZR1

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
I'm not sure what point you guys are trying to make. Chevrolet has now trumped the Hellcat platform for the HP king and Stellantis has nothing to respond with except MAYBE an EV, which shouldn't even be considered in the same category IMO.

Ford will probably be next to offer a 1000+ HP Mustang you watch. They're going to capitalize on the Stellantis debacle. I mean hell, I would!

I don't think the ZR1 is gonna beat a Demon on the 1/4 mile, but everywhere else it will and isn't speed limited either it seems. If it comes in at $150K MSRP that's a great price for 1000+ HP twin turbo monster that can probably do a lot of things very well. People are still paying that for Demon 170s for crying out loud and it's like comparing a calculator watch to an Ipad.

I love the Hellcat platform for what it is, but you gotta be realistic about overall performance. Too bad Stellantis didn't continue development and offer an AWD twin turbo V8 Cuda weighing 3900 lbs and pushing 900+ HP.

The way it's going, Dodge may be about to go bye bye. Maybe it'll get sold off to a company that understands the brand and they get it back on track but I'm not holding my breath.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 F150 Platinum Whippled
I responded specifically to your 215mph comment. 215 is 6mph more than a stock 2015 Charger Hellcat. Dodge claimed 204 and in private hands they’ve done 209+. 215 is a great stat, doing it with 1064hp isn’t really, but they need to overcome all of the aero they put on the car to get there.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
6MPH more at 200MPH is quite a bit actually, and I think I heard the engineer say something insinuating it'll go well past that. In the video it hit 205 pretty easy. I used to pit crew on my buddy's car at the TX Mile and learned 200MPH is an exponential problem to solve. A little different we're not talking about a standing mile, but it's still a big number. The fact the Hellcat hits 203 with it's boxy front end is also a testament to that engineering.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I'm not sure what point you guys are trying to make. Chevrolet has now trumped the Hellcat platform for the HP king and Stellantis has nothing to respond with except MAYBE an EV, which shouldn't even be considered in the same category IMO.

Ford will probably be next to offer a 1000+ HP Mustang you watch. They're going to capitalize on the Stellantis debacle. I mean hell, I would!

I don't think the ZR1 is gonna beat a Demon on the 1/4 mile, but everywhere else it will and isn't speed limited either it seems. If it comes in at $150K MSRP that's a great price for 1000+ HP twin turbo monster that can probably do a lot of things very well. People are still paying that for Demon 170s for crying out loud and it's like comparing a calculator watch to an Ipad.

I love the Hellcat platform for what it is, but you gotta be realistic about overall performance. Too bad Stellantis didn't continue development and offer an AWD twin turbo V8 Cuda weighing 3900 lbs and pushing 900+ HP.

The way it's going, Dodge may be about to go bye bye. Maybe it'll get sold off to a company that understands the brand and they get it back on track but I'm not holding my breath.
It's only fitting...they got outta NASCAR...and left Ford...and Chevy to compete...now there outta the street car business....leaving Ford and Chevy battle it out....soon they will be outta business all together

GNBRETT

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Trackhawk, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Stang, Golf R
Maybe on 93 octane the way it sits but not on E85. No one refers to the Demon 170's speed and power on 93 octane cause no one gives a shit actually cause thats not its full potential on pump gas yea E85 is still pump gas. On E it will be over a 1000 whp easily the same as the Plaid But weighs 1300 lbs less.

Even with the Plaids AWD it wont matter that ZR1 is highly sophisticated in its launch mode.

Im a little confused why they didnt offer it in E85 with an ethanol sensor u would have thought that would have been a no brainer cause ur peak HP would be over 1100 hp but im sure it wont be long before thats done by someone. U know dam well that motor will handle 1500 hp easily.

I mean if we were talking Demon 170 on 93 pump gas it would be a high 9 second car and no one would give a ratts ass and no one would be talking about that cause high 9's were already accomplished. So comparing the ZR1 to the Plaid or anything else fast isnt really apples to apples on 93 octane.

if we are talking just acceleration its still going to lose against the plaid or Saphire

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
31 lbs of thrust is an interesting number!
Lol...every little bit helps! Flames a foot out the back.

May be banned in California due to forest fire concerns *grin*.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
I missed the part they said it was on 93 octane?? I'm assuming that's really 91 or ?

If so then something seems a little fishy to me.

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
It needed the wing to turn, not to hit 200, lol
I was referring to the nose job. I think some foam and glass on the front bumper can do a lot to improve top end. Sounds like a fun project but can get tricky. :) It's on my list of things to do if I live long enough!

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Lol...every little bit helps! Flames a foot out the back.

May be banned in California due to forest fire concerns *grin*.
It's for backing up to protesters clogging up the road.