Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Never been so underwhelmed...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
All this talk about other brands got me thinking, and it's really got me wondering about any future car purchase. Lets just say I have owned a few cars in the last 40 years, I'm not currently in the market and don't have any plans in the near future for a new vehicle, but the last 6 new vehicles I've purchased where Chrysler products (not to mentioned the used ones). Looking at the offerings and prices of the last few years and especially right now, I wouldn't seriously consider Chrysler products as an option any longer.
I do like to look at vehicle designs from all manufacturers and the Hellcat Challenger sitting in the garage was purchased because of the retro design and the Hemi powerplant. The car was not purchased as a daily driver and it was also very expensive for me - given it was never intended as a daily driver. Take the retro design or the Hemi away and the odds of me purchasing the car go down to almost zero.
I say this because I think Stellantis is totally off base when it comes to understanding those of us that purchase Chrysler products and have supported the brands for many years. If I were in the market for electric (and I am not) I would seriously consider Tesla or others first. If I were in the market for a "green" vehicle (not even sure what that really means) I would go for a hybrid of some sort. If I were in the market for a fun car (I have quite a few of those right now, so that need is fulfilled) I don't see an option from Chrysler.
My point here is that Chrysler is in a no win situation where their product is concerned. They have alienated their base and are not in serious consideration for the markets they have placed themselves in. How do they even go forward with this much of a disadvantage?
It's not like auto manufacturers haven't made mistakes in the past...the market is changing...some changes are due to governmental regulations and restrictions...others are due to a philosophical approach to the business itself...in this case the ice performance segment of the Chrysler/Dodge brand has become the sacrificial lamb...(much to our dismay)..like it or not Stellantis has a plan...will it work is anybody's guess...most of us just wont be a part of it...but we've had our time..SRT has given us a lot...I'm thankful for that...@ my age it doesn't matter much..I have more than I need...but unfortunately now it's over:(

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
S

She must have rich parents or she’s a millionaire.
@ Jimmie is a lucky guy....from all indications...she's smart..a great earner..she can cook..she's smokin hot...and for some God forsaken reason thinks that "melon head" has redeeming qualities...(go figure)...I still say he's keeping her drugged and bound against her will away from civilization...o_Oo_Oo_O;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You would think the US market is their biggest market? Maybe they are trying to attract the younger generation? However, they don’t seem to realize that the baby boomers are the ones with money and their product line is not cutting it.
Whatever the long range plan...it's clear we're not part of it..:(

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I had a couple in the 80's.It was the sun-roofs and vacuum door-locks that always broke.......
They ran and drove great.
My wife had 3 of em..A6..S4..and TT conv.....now her daily is a Genisis...which she loves...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I guess it's natural that this forum has shifted focus to the next generation of Stellantis products, but, let's face it.....we all already own hellcats and none of us will be interested in what's to come. Not gonna happen. No chance. This forum itself will likely eventually become a time capsule of what was the greatest generation of muscle with little new discussion, as sad as that is.
Unfortunately I believe your right....and to think...I was just startin to like you guys..:(:(;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yikes! You guys are wasting waaay too much time discussing a non-starter :ROFLMAO: like this. We should give it what it deserves, a quick and painless (for us) death. Accept that it is a colossal failure by Stellantis, they no longer care about our demographic, move on, our next car will be from a different corp. We would be more productive discussing replacement candidates, EV's need not apply.
Tell me yer surprised they don't care bout guys like you and me...we don't count..they know were both so old we fart dust :oops:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
S

Ever need a really good lawyer?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
S

I suspect she's the latter.

But it's not as costly for her to buy new vehicles as it may seem. She may have bought five or six this year, but I generally manage to get the prices down quite a bit.

Basically, my job is to find, or spec them for orders, then go get them. I've probably saved her over $50K in the last two years or so...which is one reason she puts up with me.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

But it's not as costly for her to buy new vehicles as it may seem. She may have bought five or six this year, but I generally manage to get the prices down quite a bit.

Basically, my job is to find, or spec them for orders, then go get them. I've probably saved her over $50K in the last two years or so...which is one reason she puts up with me.
One of these days she's gonna wake up from that drug induced coma you keep her in...find the keys to those leg irons you have her in....take one look @ you...and run like the wind for civilization..(and the authorities)..and we'll all be wathcin you on Americas most wanted..:eek:;)

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
...and run like the wind for civilization..
If so I'm not overly concerned. We rarely have any wind here, just a gentle breeze (except when I want to weld).

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
If so I'm not overly concerned. We rarely have any wind here, just a gentle breeze (except when I want to weld).
Yeah, when you want to weld the wind just comes from nowhere!!

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2

Maybe she needs to buy a couple horses! That can take care of excess funds quite effectively! :ROFLMAO:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
She has at least a dozen, eight of them here.

At one point I suggested that the vet would just stay in the guesthouse instead of driving 170 some miles almost daily. Besides, she's very good looking.

Basically, she buys what was a $100K+ horse for maybe $30K, then spends some $50K on vet bills and medicines hoping that it'll become sound and rideable again.

Basically, my job is to keep fresh tires on the horsetrailer and dig graves with the backhoe as needed (I try to have two spares ready, not to have to fight frozen ground)...which is one reason she puts up with me.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
She has at least a dozen, eight of them here.

At one point I suggested that the vet would just stay in the guesthouse instead of driving 170 some miles almost daily. Besides, she's very good looking.

Basically, she buys what was a $100K+ horse for maybe $30K, then spends some $50K on vet bills and medicines hoping that it'll become sound and rideable again.

Basically, my job is to keep fresh tires on the horsetrailer and dig graves with the backhoe as needed (I try to have two spares ready, not to have to fight frozen ground)...which is one reason she puts up with me.
Guest house Jimmie....how many guest do ya get out in the middle of nowhere :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Guest house Jimmie....how many guest do ya get out in the middle of nowhere :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
Very few, thankfully.

But it's still handy when living in a 1-bedroom house.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Very few, thankfully.

But it's still handy when living in a 1-bedroom house.
We have 4 bedrooms...other than my son and grankids...NOBODY has ever stayed overnight in our house...visiting from outta town????..I'll pay for yer hotel...yer not stayin @ my house...

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
How many "spare" graves does a man or woman need? Are they Horse size or more human size??

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
How many "spare" graves does a man or woman need? Are they Horse size or more human size??
Horse graves you stack on top of each other

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I try to have two spares for horses, about 5x14 and 10' deep, and one cat/dog, about 2x5 and 6' deep.

Having the small one isn't that critical as even one of the small backhoes can be used to dig one pretty quickly, unless the ground is frozen. Still, I prefer to dig them when the weather is nice. And thankfully, so far none has been needed when it's been raining or snowing.

Not that it would be a biggie either way, but I'd definitely be using the tractor with the cab then.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I try to have two spares for horses, about 5x14 and 10' deep, and one cat/dog, about 2x5 and 6' deep.

Having the small one isn't that critical as even one of the small backhoes can be used to dig one pretty quickly, unless the ground is frozen. Still, I prefer to dig them when the weather is nice. And thankfully, so far none has been needed when it's been raining or snowing.

Not that it would be a biggie either way, but I'd definitely be using the tractor with the cab then.
I'd be willing to bet...@ Jimmie is the ONLY Forum member to dig a horse grave..:oops:...(not that there's anything wrong with that..:giggle::giggle:)