Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Soy Boys Wet Their Pants In Joy

MMissile

500 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat WB
Still looks like a 90's car.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
The whole Dodge approach looks so two faced with a 180 degree change in product - from an 800hp Hellcat to an EV with something like 670hp ? Then Changing from a V8 to a slant 6 (lol - OK, ok, an inline 6). Dodge's history is the Hemi V8 and thats what kept them in business since the 50's....
From a sales approach, you have to show you are good at what you're selling - Dodge has been good with selling muscle. Muscle is not an I6 and an EV. I know EV's are fast, but EV's are not muscle cars.
They essentially stopped selling "commuting" cars years ago - they gave that market away when they stopped making entry level cars like the Dart, Neon, 200, Caliber, etc. You can argue whether any of those were any good, but they are necessary for getting people into your brand - especially when you're talking new buyers of your brand.

RetiredFirefighter

Firefighter
Member ID
Reactions
City
Metro
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Durango 392
Dodge should've ditched the flashlight-on-wheels cr@p and just hyped the 550hp/420hp 3.0L 6 cylinder.

Coming from decades of Hemis, that would've been the way to go. At least keep it ICE ...

MMissile

500 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
If there was some American input in the company, some things might be better. However, you have American-hating euro-trash dickheads, running the company.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The fake motor noises are very nostalgic for me.
Remind me of my time playing with TOY cars & mouthing motor noises ............................. then I grew up and could afford REAL cars and let the fake noises slide into history, or at least that's what I thought :confused:

MMissile

500 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yup.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 F150 Platinum Whippled
The fake motor noises are very nostalgic for me.
Remind me of my time playing with TOY cars & mouthing motor noises ............................. then I grew up and could afford REAL cars and let the fake noises slide into history, or at least that's what I thought :confused:
I still watch The Wraith...

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
So this is the douche-bag demographic that Dodge is trying to sell to? Real nice.