Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

23 Charger Hellcat wants MORE Power!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodland Hills
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger Hellcat Jailbreak
Just got my cat. I Couldn’t find a redeye and want to increase hp.

Besides tires, it seems as the consensus is, to not change the stock intake. I also don’t care for more whine.

Is the next step the pulley? And then what would be after that underneath having to build for e85?

Should I look into direct connection stage 1 or is that a waste?

Thanks you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Stage1/2/whatever if you want a warranty.

For everything else @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC has you covered.

Make sure the car is not registered in CA, won't pass smog.

OP
Ashencat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodland Hills
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger Hellcat Jailbreak
Thread Starter #3

Damn well I’m in CA lol. Would the stage kits be my best option then?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
No, leaving CA would be your best first decision, then call Jon. Stage kits suck on several accounts I don’t have the time to type about it.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
If you want more performance out of your Hellcat…. Leave the engine alone and address the suspension and driveline issues that keep you from getting the power you have now to the ground. You’ll never make enough increased power on the crappy 91 octane Calif gas to make it worth the effort. Plus you’ll trash your warranty doing it. If you have the money to spend and you have E85 convenient to you, then you can make some power, but you will still have the Calif registration hurdles. There are knowledgeable shops in and around Calif (Arizona and Utah) that can do the job with capable in house tuning if you have money.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 F150 Platinum Whippled
What’s the extra HP for? If you’re trying to go fast at the track or on the street - Marc has your answer. Make it hook then add power as you can with the 91oct. Moored Performance will handle that part.
How much more HP do you want?

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
This is true. Most of the power of a HC is lost through the shit ass IRS.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Just got my cat. I Couldn’t find a redeye and want to increase hp.

Besides tires, it seems as the consensus is, to not change the stock intake. I also don’t care for more whine.

Is the next step the pulley? And then what would be after that underneath having to build for e85?

Should I look into direct connection stage 1 or is that a waste?

Thanks you all!

I am not sure where you are compared to where Lonnie Bartly of MPR Motorsports is in Cali but, I would recommend giving him a call to see what package could be put together for your Charger. After all he is in Cali and may know best about the laws.

31947 Corydon Rd Unit 130, Lake Elsinore, CA, United States, California

(951) 813-0341

I met him through my Tuner and Builder Joshua Schwartz of High Horse Performance, out of DE.
Lonnie had even brought his customers and Tractor Trailered their cars out to the East coast for an MSHS https://hemirace.com/ We had a blast together here and also out there for Spring Fling!

And BTW, I have the Track Edition cat back exhaust system installed on my HC Charger.
"The Best Sounding Exhausts on the Planet™ " I stand by their Trademark! I love it.
Cold starts are fun for me.
I was out for some T&T this past weekend and I was listening to how my HC sounded down the track. First you hear the Exhaust, and then the whine of the Legmaker intake.
It's impressive. My daughter had people come up to her and asked Is that your Mom?, "Man when she turned the Key, I was so surprised at the sound....never expected that!:cool::cool::cool:"
AWE is actually local to me and my next door neighbors son in-law works there.

https://highhorseperformance.com/aw...ond-black-tips-for-15-23-charger-6-4-6-2l-sc/

I also know Chris Harrigan and is wife Mel too. Legmaker intakes.
https://highhorseperformance.com/lm...ellcat-srt-hellcat-redeye-lmi-hellcat-redeye/

You don't have to have these upgrades, but for my HC build they are parts I like and are also work well with the modifications that are done to my 2015 Hellcat.

~Linda

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

Thanks for the mention.
Feel free to shoot me a message or ask any questions on here. I have all sorts of setups. But I find it best to usually find goals and types of driving you will be doing before selling a package.
even tho I have tuned some very fast cars I do plenty of street cars as well. Pulley swap and injectors are a great increase in power. What kind of fuel do you have available?

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Or you can buy an older HC that has already been modded. Seems like there are many that owners have built up at great expense. I don't know why they are selling, perhaps because they become monsters that are inappropriate for normal driving.

I have been told by people that have had aftermarket mods that the cars can become difficult to control under hard acceleration, my guess is the extra power overwhelms the stability control, which might be part of the reason Stage kits cost so much and don't add a lot of hp, but maintain full stability control.

Driving extreme cars is definitely not for everyone, particularly if you are not experienced with them. Maybe the Stage would be a good start.

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Or you can buy an older HC that has already been modded. Seems like there are many that owners have built up at great expense. I don't know why they are selling, perhaps because they become monsters that are inappropriate for normal driving.

I have been told by people that have had aftermarket mods that the cars can become difficult to control under hard acceleration, my guess is the extra power overwhelms the stability control, which might be part of the reason Stage kits cost so much and don't add a lot of hp, but maintain full stability control.

Driving extreme cars is definitely not for everyone, particularly if you are not experienced with them. Maybe the Stage would be a good start.
My car was most fun on the street about 150 - 200 hp ago…. It does hit a point where it’s just not as fun because it’s just not safe to floor it.

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
My car was most fun on the street about 150 - 200 hp ago…. It does hit a point where it’s just not as fun because it’s just not safe to floor it.
But that is exactly what many people want and expect! :)

It is stepping over a threshold and now you need to be alert to every situation and throttle input because you now have an extreme car. Thank you for providing exactly that!!!

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle

Shameless plug mines for sale 😂