Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Ron Silva Breaks Stock Tune Demon 170 Record.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Those 12" rims seem to have made the tires much happier at launch.
Were you able to go up on pressure from the narrower rims?

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
VICTORVILLE
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
MANGO D170
Those 12" rims seem to have made the tires much happier at launch.
Were you able to go up on pressure from the narrower rims?
I am running more like 20 to 21. Likely could go higher.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I think that would make an awesome poster !

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Solo pass
Time to compete

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
VICTORVILLE
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
MANGO D170
Solo pass
Time to compete
I raced the Modern Muscle Class that runs heads up off a Pro Tree. We did a chip draw every round. I matched with the fastest Car there in the first round......I was shocked when I hooked and went down the track without any issues. BTW, My opponenet was using a second gear start!

This new rear wheel and tire setup with the final weight reduction might have done the trick. In fact, I have not spun once since I installed them. But you still need decent prep.

A 6.0 second SRT Super Stock went to the semi finals. So, I might luck out and win one day. It sucks because when they announced the Demon 170, I was bragging how I would get my Car and clean up in this class. THEN they all built their cars up MUCH more. Son of a B.......

0601241306.jpg .

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I raced the Modern Muscle Class that runs heads up off a Pro Tree. We did a chip draw every round. I matched with the fastest Car there in the first round......I was shocked when I hooked and went down the track without any issues. BTW, My opponenet was using a second gear start!

This new rear wheel and tire setup with the final weight reduction might have done the trick. In fact, I have not spun once since I installed them. But you still need decent prep.

A 6.0 second SRT Super Stock went to the semi finals. So, I might luck out and win one day. It sucks because when they announced the Demon 170, I was bragging how I would get my Car and clean up in this class. THEN they all built their cars up MUCH more. Son of a B.......

View attachment 140111 .
It’s possible
They could
Red light

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
VICTORVILLE
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
MANGO D170
Sold the Jailbreak and picked up one of the 6 GoMango ONE SEATers. Super cool car.

0620241145.jpg

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
VICTORVILLE
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
MANGO D170
This D170 in the 1.20's Sixty Foot. That is 1.209 FYI FIRST GOOD PASS ON MANGO.jpg BIG WHEELIE JPG.jpg

sc4.6

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Port Stanley
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Challenger Redeye

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Great pics.

I would have kept that blue one though.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
TBD
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Sufficient for most applications
He sold a 1 of 1 Demon170 and probably purchased a 1 of 1 Demon170 (there were only 50 one seat Demo170 made and how many of them were GoMango?) and probably made good money on the spread. From my perspective it's a good move (if my assumptions are accurate). He knows how to drive the car and get the most out of it so does it matter what Demon170 it is (as long as it a one seat).

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
Had yours to the track yet Cole?

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
TBD
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Had yours to the track yet Cole?
I was just chewing on that, I may go this Friday night to Cecil and let her hunt. My Demon is as lite as the come since it has the carbon fiber wheels and devoid of everything, even the navigation was not ordered. Only option is the red seat belt (I paid for 4 and received one, lol) and the wheels. I need to get some more miles on her, gotta keep the warranty. I know 500 miles are needed for transbrake to work, however, is it 500 miles or 1,500 miles break in?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
500 or 1500 has been up for debate. The manual states 1500 before track use, but it's the same language that has been used in all SRT vehicles for as long as I can remember. Track goodies like trans brake, line lock turn on at 500.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
TBD
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
500 or 1500 has been up for debate. The manual states 1500 before track use, but it's the same language that has been used in all SRT vehicles for as long as I can remember. Track goodies like trans brake, line lock turn on at 500.
I am being told to replace the plugs and do a cradle lockout, hmmm. I think I will get the brakes back on the hellcat and send it, I am not in the mood to replace the plugs in the 170, the job sucks ass.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
I'd run it and see if you have problems before diving in to plug replacement. I've not touched mine, have 2000 miles on it, and MANY wot pulls with no issues. Some have problems and some don't know idea why. Only way to know is to send it and see. Tell tell sign is slow MPH in the 1/4. Mine traps over 148, problem examples seem to be low 140s.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
TBD
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'd run it and see if you have problems before diving in to plug replacement. I've not touched mine, have 2000 miles on it, and MANY wot pulls with no issues. Some have problems and some don't know idea why. Only way to know is to send it and see. Tell tell sign is slow MPH in the 1/4. Mine traps over 148, problem examples seem to be low 140s.
Speedy, thank you for the detailed response and your videos regarding the Demon170 are great, particularly the street wheel/tire setup.

Ron is a great ambassador of the brand and really shows how to race the car.

I will revisit the topic when I am in a better mood.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
VICTORVILLE
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
MANGO D170
He sold a 1 of 1 Demon170 and probably purchased a 1 of 1 Demon170 (there were only 50 one seat Demo170 made and how many of them were GoMango?) and probably made good money on the spread. From my perspective it's a good move (if my assumptions are accurate). He knows how to drive the car and get the most out of it so does it matter what Demon170 it is (as long as it a one seat).
I don't have to worry about scratching the GoMango one. I was at a point I wanted to do more invasive things to the car and all of a sudden I put the brakes on and returned the Jailbreak back to 100% showroom stock (except the cradle lockouts and the rubber in the rear wheel wells). I am super happy I was able to make some really good passes in that car and beautiful wheelie shots. In fact it went .01 faster at Irwindale than my PB in the first car with worse DA. So I think it was faster. And this one I think is faster than both of the other two. Time will tell.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
VICTORVILLE
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
MANGO D170

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
VICTORVILLE
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
MANGO D170
Dodge is coming out with a revised calibration for the D170. There is an issue with the engine derating when the supercharger gets overheated. So in hot weather making multiple passes the engine will derate. So, as it is now, the low MPH could be attributed to this going on. I have coached a couple of people that were clearly experiencing this.

I have never had this issue but I try and cool my motor down as much and as often as possible without using ice.

On the 500 mile issue. They give you the trans brake etc. at 500 miles. It clearly states for track use only. Simple, no? Plus when he was trying to get me to run that Lucid in the Hagerty Video, Tim Kuniskis wanted to make sure I would have the 500 miles before showing up to shoot the Video. He specifically asked me that.

Last edited: