Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
And we read about 19 year old people who want a new Hellcat for their first car, others just want more power. These cars can be flat dangerous and reach three digit speeds in seconds! Hell I even DID NOT go out this weekend to do a street “time”. It is running great and getting great traction. But! Just feeling it is too dangerous. I may be getting older?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
And we read about 19 year old people who want a new Hellcat for their first car, others just want more power. These cars can be flat dangerous and reach three digit speeds in seconds! Hell I even DID NOT go out this weekend to do a street “time”. It is running great and getting great traction. But! Just feeling it is too dangerous. I may be getting older?
A sure sign of old age....if cramping occurs...followed closely by farting dust...then yer old

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Finally replaced the radiator in my '15 Challenger Hellcat - it has been seeping from the tank to core pinched seam on the passenger side. It took me the day get the old one out - a pain, but it was more time consuming than difficult.
I then took it out for a spin and to fill it with gas. Of course that meant a couple mild acceleration tests... lol

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Been there. Had it pull it for the transmission swap so I could flush the trans cooler and get to all the wiring. Wife helped me put it back on. She handed me the bolts. Fun fact. The bolts for the radiator are TWO DIFFERENT LENGTHS. Long story short bolt went right into the end tank and had to get a new one and have been divorced for 5 years
Finally replaced the radiator in my '15 Challenger Hellcat - it has been seeping from the tank to core pinched seam on the passenger side. It took me the day get the old one out - a pain, but it was more time consuming than difficult.
I then took it out for a spin and to fill it with gas. Of course that meant a couple mild acceleration tests... lol

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Been there. Had it pull it for the transmission swap so I could flush the trans cooler and get to all the wiring. Wife helped me put it back on. She handed me the bolts. Fun fact. The bolts for the radiator are TWO DIFFERENT LENGTHS. Long story short bolt went right into the end tank and had to get a new one and have been divorced for 5 years
Yes, they are different lengths - luckily I didnt find out like you did...
My issue was the plastic push clips and the mix of where they go.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Sunoco.JPG

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
Spotted a chip through to metal on the passenger A pillar and another on the reinforced bit of the windscreen :cry:. I knew something had hit the screen a while ago but I couldn't see the damage when I got home so thought I had been lucky. Have booked in the bodyshop for later this month to have the now rusting chip attended to, fortunately Rob says there will be enough space to lift the rubber back and sort it out and leave the windscreen alone.

Still loving' my Challenger :D

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Brings to mind the movie 7 Ups with Roy Synder, very realistic even though a movie. He stuffed a Pontiac Ventura pretty much the same way as the Challenger in the movie. My guess not even a stunt person was in the car because it was that violent of impact that the best of stuntman would not have walked away From it.
Saw that one...it was pretty violent...when they panned to him gettin up from the seat..(face covered with glass)....musta had him hold his breath for 3/4 min.....veins were poppin outta his forehead

Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Spotted a chip through to metal on the passenger A pillar and another on the reinforced bit of the windscreen :cry:. Still loving' my Challenger :D
If you'd been driving your TRX instead, that object would've hit the bumper.

And not caused any noticeable damage.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
DAMN!!! I see that and always feel bad for the crew cleaning up the mess too. Can you imagine dealing with that from their end? Got to be hard for them also. Only thing that stopped the car was the rear axles or it would have went much farther under the trailer!
The driver never felt a thing...and yer right nasty clean up job...by law..(in NYS @ least)..all human tissue must be retrieved from the wreckage..:sick::sick::sick::(

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
The driver never felt a thing...and yer right nasty clean up job...by law..(in NYS @ least)..all human tissue must be retrieved from the wreckage..:sick::sick::sick::(
I just went yesterday to clean out my sons car after his accident on the 22nd and it was way worse in person than the OSHP pictures showed. Not a single piece of interior trim or body panel, window that wasn't destroyed!! Only thing without any damage was one middle seat and the rear third seat (hinge was still broken) :oops::oops::cry:
Wife and I do not know how he lived through it!!!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Years ago a guy stepped out from the bushes and into the path of an 18 wheeler traveling @ 70 mph...on the 390 expressway near Corning NY @ 2am...it was like he exploded...the eastbound lanes were closed for hours...huge portable lights set up..and the cleanup began...the county health dept.was on site.within an hr to supervise the cleanup...and fire truck pumpers had to wash and disinfect the road surface for almost a quarter mile...the drivers truck was impounded..for who knows how long...just cause some guy decided to off himself...that had to be gruesome

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I just went yesterday to clean out my sons car after his accident on the 22nd and it was way worse in person than the OSHP pictures showed. Not a single piece of interior trim or body panel, window that wasn't destroyed!! Only thing without any damage was one middle seat and the rear third seat (hinge was still broken) :oops::oops::cry:
Wife and I do not know how he lived through it!!!
He got lucky....this will be something he wont ever forget

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
DAMN!!! I see that and always feel bad for the crew cleaning up the mess too. Can you imagine dealing with that from their end? Got to be hard for them also. Only thing that stopped the car was the rear axles or it would have went much farther under the trailer!
So much for the ICC Bar, that thing must have folded like a cheap suit. That driver was boogieing.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
So much for the ICC Bar, that thing must have folded like a cheap suit. That driver was boogieing.
They usually hold up well...but with the speed and weight involved...I'm not surprised...

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Years ago a guy stepped out from the bushes and into the path of an 18 wheeler traveling @ 70 mph...on the 390 expressway near Corning NY @ 2am...it was like he exploded...the eastbound lanes were closed for hours...huge portable lights set up..and the cleanup began...the county health dept.was on site.within an hr to supervise the cleanup...and fire truck pumpers had to wash and disinfect the road surface for almost a quarter mile...the drivers truck was impounded..for who knows how long...just cause some guy decided to off himself...that had to be gruesome
Bad, even just to read.

MMissile

500 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat WB

We have lots of canadians around metro-Detroit for shopping. A couple months ago, we had some canadian woman and her kids driving down M53 bypass, trying to hit cars head-on, after crossing the large median. She failed, stopped her vehicle, and stepped out in front of a semi....with her kids watching. Wasn't in the news, but is well known in the county. People are fucked-up. My brother and two nephews are fire-fighters/paramedics.

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Will be putting the car completely back together tomorrow. Spark plugs in the very near future and all 4 o2 sensors. Anyone replace the wide bands before? When I took the downstream ones down before 1 completely stripped its threads. Hoping that doesn’t happen with the upstream wide bands