Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

whipple 3.8?

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat A8 and 2016 M6
I have done some research and still not sure. I'm under the thought that a 3.8 is not for a daily driver/ weekend driver really. My question is can you install a 3.8 whipple and still have driveability? I know you can the 3.0 but I've heard to many story's that there not reliable but the gen6 3.8 is.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
The long awaited, record-breaking Gen 6 3.8L supercharger system is here for your Hellcat based engine! The 3.8L Whipple Twin-Screw supercharger boasts insane, never heard of power potential compared to previous supercharger designs. Geared towards larger cubic inch stroker engines or stock cubic inch engines that are going all out racing, the Whipple 3.8L will deliver the results you are looking for.
Using the same technology that powers the 2021 Dodge Drag Pak, the Gen 6 uses Whipple’s patent pending dual pass, dual intercooler to achieve twice the amount of charge air cooling than any other supercharger system on the market. Couple that with the new 3x4 rotor combination, and the Whipple makes more power than any other positive displacement supercharger available today. The Gen 6 features billet supercharger rotors, machined right here in the USA at our facility in Fresno, CA. Whipple billet rotors are far superior to the stock cast rotors that fail with overspeed. The Gen 6 rotors are the latest in twin-screw technology, which offer higher efficiency levels over a broader RPM range, cooler air charge temperature and less power consumption than any of the stock 2.4, 2.7 or 3.0 offerings.
HR Supercharger system features:
  • Massive, dual pass, dual core intercooler technology for twice the cooling area of any other PD SC for 6.2L
  • Inverted design allows for oversized intercooler, each core is 2.125” thick, dual pass = 4.25” thick core
  • Dual in, dual out intercooler for increased water flow
  • 130mm snout opening
  • Billet rotors far superior to cast rotors for high rpm operation
  • Superior profile with shorter leak path
  • Thrust retaining system for better bearing support
  • Massive air inlet for high flow
  • Works with stock belt system and optional balancer options
  • Works with electronic bypass control
  • Works with stock TMAP sensors
  • New over bearing 5-bolt supercharger pulleys
  • Billet bearing plate and oil cover
  • Does Not Include Throttle body (uses Nick Williams 130mm Hellcat Throttle body)
  • Custom colors available
Important Notes:
Hot Rod kits by Whipple are race only versions of their superchargers and not complete kits. This kit is designed for existing 3.0L customers looking to upgrade to the 3.8L and for the all out racer, and although it includes an OEM based bypass valve preinstalled, it does not include a throttle body or an air intake tube. The snout is designed for the Nick Williams or Whipple 130mm Throttle body which we have both available in OEM fly-by-wire and in mechanical. This kit does not includes fuel rails, lines or fittings. You will need to add fuel lines, fittings and a required fuel pressure sensor depending on application. OEM connection Supercharger cooling inlet/outlet lines fittings are not included as well. For a more complete Hellcat based kits, please see our Stage 2 Competition kit offerings HERE.
WHY WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGERS
While others "claim" to be leaders, the truth is simple; Whipple Superchargers are the true pioneers of twin-screw supercharging. For over 23 years, Whipple has led the industry with innovation after innovation. Whipple has more experience in supercharging applications than any other twin-screw or Eaton based positive displacement supercharger manufacturer. Whipple Superchargers brought the twin-screw supercharger to the US automotive market and has pioneered the "bolt-on" supercharger business. While others try to copy or follow, Whipple continues to develop new superchargers and new systems that not only look like a piece of art, but they also outperform the competition.

MOPAR 53010887AA Map Sensor for 18-24 HEMI 6.2L Challenger, Charger, Durango SRT Hellcat, Demon, Redeye, Trackhawk & TRX
MSRP: $84.85
$64.95

GripTec 10-Rib LV3-A Black Pulley 5 Bolt for Gen 5 or 6 3.0L & 3.8L Whipple Superchargers
$187.95

Whipple WK-3500-S2-38 Gen 6 3.8L Stage 2 Competition Kit for 15-23 Challenger, Charger SRT Hellcat, Demon & Redeye
$8,999.99

Whipple 4 Bolt 10-Rib Pulley for Drag Pak Supercharger
$200.00

MOPAR 53011557AA Supercharger Idler Pulley for 15-23 Demon, Challenger, Charger, Durango SRT Hellcat, Trackhawk & TRX
MSRP: $112.00
$84.95

MOPAR 53010887AA Map Sensor for 18-24 HEMI 6.2L Challenger, Charger, Durango SRT Hellcat, Demon, Redeye, Trackhawk & TRX
$64.95

GripTec 10-Rib LV3-A Black Pulley 5 Bolt for Gen 5 or 6 3.0L & 3.8L Whipple Superchargers
$187.95

Whipple WK-3500-S2-38 Gen 6 3.8L Stage 2 Competition Kit for 15-23 Challenger, Charger SRT Hellcat, Demon & Redeye
$8,999.99

Whipple 4 Bolt 10-Rib Pulley for Drag Pak Supercharger
$200.00

MOPAR 53011557AA Supercharger Idler Pulley for 15-23 Demon, Challenger, Charger, Durango SRT Hellcat, Trackhawk & TRX
MSRP: $112.00
$84.95

$64.95

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
The above description is off of High Horse Performance's web site. https://highhorseperformance.com/wh...-hemi-srt-hellcat-demon-redeye-trackhawk-trx/
I made the part Bold for the information about that the 3.8 is an add on and titled like this.

Whipple WK-3500-HR-38 Gen 6 3.8L Hot Rod Upgrade Kit for 15-23 SRT Hellcat, Demon & Redeye, Trackhawk & TRX

You could give HHP Sales a call for more questions too and ask about other supporting parts.

GNBRETT

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Trackhawk, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Stang, Golf R
Ull absolutely break shit often with the 3.8. I makes gobs of power and ull need a laundry list of parts to support the power. No, I would not get it to DD/Weekend driver not a chance this is a RACE blower! Ull also need the 130mm TB to make it worth while. The 3.0 is still the best option imo.

Ull need a $20k Pure stage (3) trans, transfer case (If a Trackhawk) and billet converter to handle the power or a $15k sipple version lol.

I have a triple FORE with (3) boost-a-pumps running shit.That 3.8 requires a LOT of fuel and ull need 2150 injectors to make the power which means getting 93 octane to work is very difficult without sacrificing a shit ton of power. It will run on E85 only otherwise ur wasting ur money with the 3.8.

I already burned up 3rd gear in my trans so no I would not recommend the 3.8 ull break shit 100%. Its a race blower.

Last edited:

RGPIII

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Ull absolutely break shit often with the 3.8. I makes gobs of power and ull need a laundry list of parts to support the power. No, I would not get it to DD/Weekend driver not a chance this is a RACE blower! Ull also need the 130mm TB to make it worth while. The 3.0 is still the best option imo.

Ull need a $20k Pure stage (3) trans, transfer case (If a Trackhawk) and billet converter to handle the power or a $15k sipple version lol.

I have a triple FORE with (3) boost-a-pumps running shit.That 3.8 requires a LOT of fuel and ull need 2150 injectors to make the power which means getting 93 octane to work is very difficult without sacrificing a shit ton of power. It will run on E85 only otherwise ur wasting ur money with the 3.8.

I already burned up 3rd gear in my trans so no I would not recommend the 3.8 ull break shit 100%. Its a race blower.

Exactly this!!!